Congratulations on your new tattoo
When you are getting a tattoo, your skin will break which will leave a wound. The healing of a tattoo takes between 4 to 6 weeks. Your overall health and physical conditions play an important part in this process. During the healing process, your tattoo can start to itch. Personal hygiene is of main importance during the healing process.
- Always wash your hands before you treat your tattoo
- If the tattoo has been covered with a sterile gauze or plastic wrap, you can remove this after 3 to 5 hours
- If the tattoo has been covered with a wound spray you have to leave it on until it dissolves by itself (after about 3 to 6 days)
- Wash the tattoo with your bare hand and use mild soap and lukewarm/warm water.
- Rinse the tattoo with cold water and dab dry with clean towel or tissue.
- Put some cream on the tattoo, recommended to you by your tattoo studio
- Never put wound disinfectant on the tattoo
- During the healing process, one should avoid pools, saunas, steam baths, etc. for about two weeks.
- Don´t expose tattoo to the sun or solarium for about 2 weeks
- Don´t wear tight, synthetic or dirty clothing over your tattoo during healing process
- Don´t cover the tattoo with band aids or gauze
- In case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding etc., always contact your docter.
- You can take normal showers, this is better for your everybody around you
- Follow these instructions and your tattoo will turn out great. So please do not listen to so called experts next to you on the bar stool!
When in doubt, please feel free to call any one of our professionals. You can find the telephone
numbers under the contact link
Have fun with your tattoo!